Understanding and Choosing best coolers to keep your CPU and other components cool always.
Being cool can get many things done faster, applies to both human brain and brain of a computer!
Hello, Welcome to TPS Tech Blogs. This blog has solution for cooling brain and heart of a PC.
Computer cooling is required to remove the Excess heat produced by the Computer components and to keep components within standardized temperature limits. Coolers comes in different types based on their application.
- Fan is made up of plastic material which is used to release heat. It keeps on spinning in order to keep cool air running through the Heatsink, preventing it from overheating.
- Heatsink is a component designed to lower the temperature of an electronic device by dissipating heat into surrounding air. Basically, they are made up of Aluminium or Copper.
- Thermal Paste is applied on chip which absorbs heat and dissipates using Heatsink and Fan.
They are made up of following components,
- Pump: used to circulate fluid throughout the cooler.
- Radiator: used to release the hot air and cool the liquid.
- Fan: Mounted on the radiator which helps in dissipating heat and cooling fluid.
Lets’ have a look on important factors one should consider before making any choice between Air and Liquid Cooling.
- Cooling Efficiency: Liquid cooling is more efficient than Air. If you are working on high end configurations for applications like Gaming, Animation, etc. where processing takes place at high speed clock rates, in this situation you can go for liquid cooling.
- Price: Since Liquid Cooling is more efficient hence its bit expensive than air coolers.
- Convenience: Unless you have good experience in computer hardware, installing and maintenance of Liquid Cooler becomes little bit difficult.
- Integrated circuits (e.g., CPU and GPU) are main generators of heat. Working on standardized operating parameters such as voltage, current and frequency may help reducing heat to an extent.
- Dust act as thermal insulator cleaning the components with suitable devices such as Vacuum cleaner, Blower, etc. can reduce dust.
- Poor Airflow causes the components to overheat. This may occur due to improper placement of fans or sometimes blockage of cooling holes by some other components. Placing components in proper position will allow the cool air to pass within the cabinet.
A search option is available at the top of this page (swipe left hamburger menu, if on mobile) and browse CPU coolers, or the model/type you have on your mind. Have a look on below products available on our site.